Due to the continuing expansion of our services and function areas, SET are now recruiting for a number of permanent and temporary ICT roles in:
Service & Support;
End User Compute;
A career in IT within SET can offer you excellent rewards and benefits. Read on and find out more about the Trust, our ICT Department and hear from our staff on why working for SET should be the next move in your career.
About the Trust ICT department
The Trust ICT Department is a core service support role within SET that enables staff to deliver first class care to patients and clients.
The ICT Department has approximately 95 staff who work across ICT Services and Programme & Projects. We hold a reputation of being a service provider that is wholly customer centric, risk tolerant and willing to invest in market leading innovation. This is exemplified through the SET being identified as lead Trust for the implementation of the Northern Ireland Electronic Care Record (NIECR) system under the auspices of the Encompass Programme.
Services and functions
We provide a number of services and functions, including: Data Centre; Networks; Cyber Security; End User Compute; Systems; Business Intelligence; Telecommunications; Training; ICT Governance & Procurement; and Projects.
Why come to work for the SET?
We can offer you competitive remuneration packages with excellent Terms & Conditions of Service including:
- Excellent annual leave provision
- Continuous Professional Development
- HSC Pension Scheme/HPSS Superannuation Scheme
- Human Resources Policies such as: Work Life Balance/Flexible Working Policies; Child Care Voucher Scheme; Cycle to Work Scheme; Savings on Social and Leisure Facilities; Excellent Employee Health & Well-being Support; a strong commitment to Equality of Opportunity
- Modern Facilities & Infrastructure: The HSC is continually updating its facilities to ensure modern care environments for all its service users and staff. In terms of ICT, the Trust has invested heavily in a state-of-the-art infrastructure to provide services such as VMWARE, AVAYA, Imprivata OneSign, Vocera, Qlik, and more. At present, the ICT Department: support Trust staff using 10,300 end user compute devices, maintain 300 business systems and manage circa 10,000 staff computer accounts. The ICT Department continues to input and engage with the regional Encompass Programme, which aims to deliver a single health care record for all citizens. In December 2018 the South Eastern Trust was identified as lead Trust for this major transformation programme and is proud to be the first to go live with the Encompass solution and play a crucial role in developing the implementation blueprint for the other HSC Trusts in Northern Ireland
- Culture & Work Environment: The ICT Department in the Trust is perceived across the HSC as being a leader in terms of digitally enabled service improvement and innovation. Internally, staff values are centred on working to help colleagues provide a first class service for our community. In terms of work environment, the ICT Department promote an appropriate Work Life Balance for all staff and provide options for flexible and at-home working.